Groundwork Lancashire West and Wigan aims to:
- Create opportunities for people to learn new skills and become more active citizens
- Improve the environment and create cleaner, safer and greener neighbourhoods
- Help businesses and individuals fulfil their potential and prosper
Groundwork works in:
- South Ribble
- West Lancashire
Groundwork is part of a federation of nearly 50 Groundwork Trusts, registered charities that bring together people from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Realising young people’s potential
Many young people suffer from poverty – social, economic and environmental – and live in neighbourhoods with a lack of facilities. Groundwork works with young people to change perceptions and improve the environment where they live. Successful regeneration depends on seeing young people as part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
Young people take part in practical activities, for example:
- making videos about life in their neighbourhood
- planning and designing their own play areas or youth shelters
This helps to build their confidence, sense of citizenship, and brings together different generations within neighbourhoods.
See the contact page for more information on how to get in touch.